Lake View Family Wellness is a group of practitioners from all disciplines of medicine who specialize in natural and Integrative medicine for patients of all ages. Naturopathic medicine, also called naturopathy, is a comprehensive and holistic approach to primary medical care which is designed to support the body’s natural healing capacities. Naturopathy seeks to enhance personal health by addressing underlying causes of disease and promoting positive life changes. It focuses on the use of natural remedies, diet and lifestyle changes, and a range of relevant therapies such as detoxification, homeopathy, manipulation, botanical medicine and hydrotherapy, as well as coordination with other modalities of care. It addresses the important interactions between the mind and the body, and emphasizes patient education and support. Naturopathic physicians from accredited academic institutions undergo a rigorous post graduate 4-5 year curriculum of training in basic and clinical medical sciences. Residency training is optional and most graduates opt for 1-2 year residency training. Physicians at Lake View Family Wellness are licensed in Washington State to provide primary health care services.
Our core principles include:
1. Identify and treat the root cause, whenever possible- By treating the cause you can produce long lasting results. When it comes to symptom management we use natural approaches whenever possible while striving to dig deeper and treat the root cause.
2. Do No Harm-We utilize safe and effective natural medicine approaches to minimize side effects and maximize health.
3. Prevention-We not only treat patients with disease but we are the experts in preventative medicine. We focus on diet, stress reduction, detoxification, nutrient and hormone optimization, and individualized laboratory testing to customize a regimen for your needs.
4. Education-We strive to educate you about how your body works and what your treatment options are. Our bodies are uniquely and wonderfully made to heal if given the right environment and medicine. We provide a roadmap for you to improve your overall health which naturally eliminates disease in the process.
5. Treat the Whole Person-We believe in the connection between body, mind, and spirit and strive to provide support each patient on all levels to optimize health.
6. Focus on the Foundations of Health-First we must strive to balance the foundations of health which include proper diet, sleep, stress reduction, exercise, and hormonal balance. Once these foundations are strengthened the body will naturally moved away from disease and toward health.
If you are looking to take an active role in your healthcare then our doctors are waiting to assist you every step of the way!